The digital IS-Liquid Level System is an effective tool for
precision monitoring of settlements. Typical application areas
include monitoring of tunnelling and excavation activities, as
well as compensation grouting near structures.
For each project sensors are selected with the appropriate
measuring range to ensure accurate settlement
measurements: the elevation differences are possible within the measuring
range, keeping in mind the expected settlements.
- Direct response to settlements (no water flow between sensors)
- Intelligent Sensor Technology with output in engineering units (mm)
- Measuring ranges adaptable to different projects
- Automatic temperature-measurement and correction
- Easy to transport
- No condensation problems
- No electronics in high-humidity environment
- Easy de-airing of tubes
- Easy check-up for air bubbles in the system
During installation the sensors are interconnected by means of a pressure and an
air compensation line and a digital IS-data cable.
Real-time precision monitoring of settlements
The elevation changes of the individual sensors in the system
are derived from the liquid pressure. This is done by
comparing the liquid pressure at each sensor with the pressure
at the reference sensor. The system responds immediately to
settlements, as there is no liquid flow between the sensors.
The sensor also directly digitises the measurement data and
performs an automatic temperature compensation.