|Pile quality is often determined by performing a low strain integrity test directly after pile driving or within days after installation of cast-in-situ piles. Sonic Integrity Testing is a widely used method for testing the quality of concrete piles in a non-destructive way before they are incorporated in the final foundation plan.
The Profound SIT-series meets the constructions industry’s demand for professional Sonic Integrity Testing of concrete piles. With the Profound SIT-series you can verify the pile length and check the integrity of foundation piles on defects after installation. Testing can point out which piles require further examination.
The SIT-series has been optimised for use in the field as well as for advanced interpretation and efficient management of the measurement data in the office. The SIT models are robust, easily portable and user-friendly to operate at the construction site. One person can test numerous piles per hour.
|Click here to ask Profound for more information
- Available in three models: SIT, SIT+ and SITpro. Your choice depends on the usage frequency and measurement purpose.
- SIT-systems fully complies with ASTM Standard
D5882-16, EA Pfähle 2012, CUR-Aanbeveling 109:2013, AFNOR NF P 94-160-2 and NF P 94-160-4.
- Optimal user-friendliness in the field: each SIT consists of an acceleration sensor, hammer, cables and robust data acquisition and signal processing unit including full colour screen. The SIT with accompanying items are easily carried thanks to the robust, weather-resistant case.
- The SIT-system shows up the measurement signal directly on the full colour screen, in order to verify on the spot that tests have been performed correctly. It is up to the user how many signals are stored per pile.
- A signal can be stored, viewed on the system itself later on (for verification the pile has been checked).
- After data transfer via USB, the full data analysis and report is done with the SIT PC software.
- Accurate testing. The unit has been equipped with a 24 bit A/D converter for optimum measurement signal processing, which benefits the accuracy and facilitates any further interpretation.
- Reliable. Results can be optimally reproduced.
- Expert dedicated Windows software allows for data into professional pile charts. Reporting and analysis software are tailored to your requirements including pile average on screen and in print, image copy or *.pdf report.
||The measurement is performed by hitting the pile head with a hand-held hammer and measuring the response on the head with the sensitive and lightweight SIT -accelerometer. The SIT presents a measurement signal directly on screen, enabling a direct check of the quality of the measurement.
|If approved, measurement signals are stored in the unit with additional information such as pile number, area, date and time stamp, gain and filter settings and notes. For each pile multiple signals should be acquired for proper evaluation. For further analysis, interpretation and validation the measurements are downloaded via USB to a Windows computer.
SIT measurement signal including the new 3D parameter to obtain an optimum detection of defects!
||Make the most of your SIT
at the Profound Academy
|Publications on Profound's SIT
|| Pile Integrity Testing Developments
| Neuentwicklungen bei den Pfahlprüfmethoden in den Niederlanden
| Mogelijkheden en limieten van het sonisch doormeten van funderingspalen
| Invloed van slagkracht op (...) het IT-meetsignaal
| Detection limits of Sonic Integrity Testing
| Paalschachtcontrole m.b.v. spanningsgolven
|| Brochure SIT-series (UK)
Broschüre SIT-serie (DE)
Brochure série SIT (FR)
Brochure SIT-serie (NL)
Brochure SIT-serie (TR)
Technical Specifications SIT-series (UK)
Technische Specificaties SIT-series (NL)
To view documents you need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader